Keeping things private is important so we want to tell you exactly how we use information about you to keep running our games and services properly.
Who are you?
We are Frontier Developments PLC, a videogames company based in the UK
We make our own video games and help others release video games.
What do you know about me?
We collect the information you choose to give us such as
- Your name
- an email address
- Your user handle
- … and more.
We’ll only collect the kind of data that is necessary for us to make your account work, make the games work for you, help us improve the games and provide you with player support if you need it.
We also collect information when:
You choose to give it to us such a when you set up an account
- You use our games or use our website
- You type and chat in our games
- When other people give it to us
What do you do with my information?
We use it to make the games you want to play work at their best and to improve the games you enjoy.
This includes keeping you safe in our online games, fixing bugs and helping guide you on how to play and share information on our new games.
If you purchase things, we will use your information to help complete the purchase.
Do you share my information?
We don’t sell your information to anyone and only use it for our own games and services.
If you play a game online, some limited information will be shared with other people such as your chosen username, your game character & chat you enter to others.
If a trusted adult buys anything from our store, we will share some information to make sure the order is completed.
Are there any rules I have to follow to play your games?
When you play our games, everyone is asked to agree to some rules. Everyone has to follow our EULA and Code of Conduct and we recommend asking a trusted adult to go through these with you before accepting them.
These can be understood as the rules that we ask you to follow whilst you play our games and access our services.
They will help to keep you and others safe when you play and that everybody is able to have fun!
I want to be safe online. How do I do that?
- Talk to a trusted adult about anything you find ‘weird’, uncomfortable or do not understand.
- For character names, use a made-up name that is not similar to your real name.
- Use a unique password on your Frontier account.
- Never tell people anything about your real-life including where you live, your name, where you go to school, etc.
- Never share pictures of yourself.
- Always report anything that you find ‘weird’ or uncomfortable or upsetting.
- Always make a report if you think that someone you are chatting to in a game is asking you questions or sharing information about themselves that they shouldn’t do.
How can I find out what information you have about me?
You have rights to help access and control your data. You can ask us at any time:
- For a copy of the data we have about you
- To stop getting marketing emails from us
- To change your mind about how we can use your data
- To delete or limit your data
- To pass along any complaints to an appropriate authority
If you would like to do any of the above, you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may wish to ask the adult responsible for looking after your account to help you with this, but you are also welcome to ask us for more information at any time if you need more help.
Thank you for reading! Now we hope you understand a little bit more about how we use your information.
Some important things
Our Data Protection Office is located at: Frontier Developments plc, 26 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 0FP, UK
You can contact our customer services team for help with any questions at https://customersupport.frontier.co.uk