- Cambridge, UK
Frontier is looking for a talented Web Developer experienced in developing PHP server based systems, to join our team. Our company has a growing portfolio of web sites, intranet facilities and online applications. The successful applicant would be an integral part or our online services team and will work across a range of both new and existing projects. You will be working in an enthusiastic, agile environment and will be able to expand your skills and abilities by working alongside our skilled and highly experienced developers.
- Develop high performance, high availability websites and applications to support our growing catalogue of online games
- Build cloud-based software systems and database structures on public cloud services
- Maintain and improve our existing sites, including our ecommerce platforms, to ensure the best user experience, features and technology as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the Online team to deliver high quality websites
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills both verbally and in writing.
Qualifications & Experience
- Direct experience developing with PHP server-based systems
- Expertise in database architecture development including SQL.
- Excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Recent experience with modern PHP based CMS and/or frameworks, for example Drupal, Magento, Symfony or Laravel
- E-commerce development
- Working with cloud-based systems, especially Amazon Web Services
- Working with public and private RESTful API’s
- NoSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB)
- Apache / Nginx / Linux.