- Cambridge, UK
Purpose of the role
Frontier is looking for a talented Artist or Graduate Artist with evident skill and clear potential to grow in VFX. We’re looking for people with a passion for particles and beyond! The role of a VFX artist at Frontier is multi faceted, requiring artists with solid visual skills as well as a keen understanding of motion. The successful applicant will work across a range of styles and effects in our diverse range of IP’s.
We are not looking for applicants who wish to work from home, or on a freelance basis.
- Work with the VFX team to plan and deliver high quality realistic/stylised particle effects
- Work with the art and design team on all visual effect aspects of game development including in regard to game play specific tasks
- Demonstrate creativity and technical ability, while ensuring VFX are efficient and in budget.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and inquisitive mind to find the best possible results
- Attention to detail is crucial, backed up by a solid understanding of real time game engines and particle systems
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a large dynamic team
- A passion for perfection and a pragmatic approach as well as a mindset that encompasses both the aesthetic and motion based aspects for the role.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience as a VFX artist or personal work demonstrating your skill and passion
- An understanding of how to create effects which are efficient and well balanced
- Strong knowledge of particle systems in the games industry
- The observation skills to create authentic, believable motion for the most dynamic VFX
- Knowledge of the range of visual techniques employed in delivering high quality effects in modern games
- Keen understanding of memory and performance pitfalls as well as techniques and tricks a VFX Artist can employ to avoid them
- Knowledge of Maya, Fume, Photoshop, After Effects, Houdini or other industry standard software.
- Knowledge of game lighting and other FX systems such as full screen effects etc is beneficial
- Experience in films is beneficial if you can demonstrate working in a real time environment.