- Cambridge, UK
We have a great opportunity for a Server Developer to join our team in Cambridge. The successful candidate will play an important role in programming and developing our server infrastructure to maintain a high level of on-line performance for our highly successful AAA games as well as our store, forums and website.
- Develop high performance, high availability online services for games
- Build and automate the management of software systems and database structures on public cloud services
- Understand and maintain web-based systems using a broad range of technologies including Apache, PHP, MongoDB, Redis and MySQL
- Create data and infrastructure tools that allow non-technical users to manage online services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members
- Willingness to work collaboratively across multiple disciplines
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in order to strive for continuous improvement
- Good at managing competing demands for your time
- Curious and willing to learn
- Strong documentation skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Direct experience developing with server-based systems
- Experience of administering open source infrastructure components such as relational databases, document stores, in-memory stores, firewalls, load balancers and networks
- Comfortable with multi dimensional data, time series and statistics
Any experience/knowledge of some of the below would also be beneficial:
- An understanding of games and how they work would be useful but is not essential
- Process automation and general DevOps
- Linux systems administration
- Networking (TCP/UDP, Routing, NAT, Firewalls)
- Tools for managing data changes and for testing & deploying code
- Programming in C++, C#, Java, Go or Rust
- Expertise in database architecture development including SQL
- Building gaming, commerce, social networking or search systems
- NoSQL databases (such as DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB)
- Developing systems on Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructures.
- Performance & reliability optimisation of distributed systems
- Maths (Stats or Mechanics), simulation or scientific programming.