Frontier is looking for exceptional server programmers to join our team in Cambridge, UK.
As part of a growing team the successful applicant will be required to:
- Develop high performance, high availability online services for games and supporting websites.
- Build cloud-based software systems and database structures on public cloud services.
- Understand and maintain web-based systems using a broad range of technologies including Apache, PHP and SQL.
- Create web-based tools that allow non-technical users to manage online services.
- Direct experience developing with server-based systems.
- Expertise in database architecture development including SQL.
- Excellent object-oriented design and analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Preference will be given to individuals with any level experience in any of the following:
- Building gaming, commerce, social networking or search systems.
- NoSQL databases (such as DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB).
- Developing systems on Amazon Web Services or other cloud infrastructures.
- Performance & reliability optimisation of distributed systems.
- Networking (TCP/UDP, Routing, NAT, Firewalls).
- Maths (Stats or Mechanics), simulation or scientific programming.
- Systems Administration (primarily Linux).
- Process Automation and general Devops.
If you have what it takes to be part of our team, please apply by email (including a CV and any code samples/demos) firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails bigger than 20 Mbyte (including attachments) will be automatically rejected.
Preference will be given to EU citizens. Salaries offered will depend on skills & experience.
We are not looking for applicants who wish to work from home, or on a freelance basis.